What to Expect
So you are registered and are getting ready for a week at Redberry. Here is what you need to know:
- At registration you will be informed as to which cabin your child will be staying in, you can drop off any medications with our medic and make full registration payments (note: tuck is already included in registration fees). If you still have a balance owing on your child's account, we recommend going online or contacting our office to make full payment in order to speed up the registration process.
- During your child’s stay with us, their typical day will consist of: homemade meals, cabin time, skills of their choice (options such as wall climbing, guitar lessons, swimming, archery, crafts, horsemanship, and others), free time and tuck, camp-wide games, chapel (singing and a great speaker), and hopefully a good night’s sleep.
- Each cabin houses 8-10 campers and 2 cabin leaders committed to building a relationship with your child and making their camp experience the best it can be.
- Please make sure to send the following with your child to camp: sleeping bag/bedding, warm clothing, modest swimwear, water bottle, soap, towel, toothbrush and paste, Bible, pen or pencil, other personal items, and of course, sunscreen and bugspray. If your child is planning on doing horsemanship or skateboarding, they must wear long pants and running shoes. If you are coming to one of our Girls Ranch Camps, you will also need to bring several pairs of jeans, riding boots or running shoes, and rubber boots.
- Please refrain from sending water guns or knives.
- We have a 'no cellular phone' policy at camp. This is to uphold privacy regulations and ensure your valuables stay safe. Please ask your children to leave there cell phones/ipods at home for the week. If you need to be in communication with your child the office will be open 9am-4pm daily for your phone calls. Outside of office hours there is a answering machine that will be checked daily. Camp is not liable for any lost or stolen items.
- If you have registered your child for camp and they are no longer able to attend, please contact our office as soon as possible to cancel their registration and be refunded for any payments beyond the $50 deposit. Please note that the $50 deposit is non-refundable.
- Camp is located 90km northwest of Saskatoon on Redberry Lake. Take Highway 12 north past Hepburn, and follow the highway north west over Patrofka bridge. As soon as you come out of the valley, turn south and follow the signs and the road as it turns west towards Redberry Bible Camp.
Leaving your children for a week can sometimes be hard. You can help your child have the best camp experience possible by expressing to them how excited you are that they have this chance to go to camp, and that you will see them again in less than a week.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-306-477-4410, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you!