1943-2018, 75 Years of God's Blessing
Sand Beach Bible Camp
Redberry started its journey under the camp name Sand Beach Bible Camp. The year was 1943 and the need for a MB children's camp was on the hearts of the church. A search was made, and a suitable site was found on the shore of Mistawasis Lake, thirty miles northeast of Hafford.
The Move to Redberry - 1952/53
The Sand Beach location had the significant disadvantage of poor road conditions leading into the camp. In addition the site was deemed to be too far from many of the target campers. Therefore in 1952 it was decided that the camp should look for a new location. Redberry Lake was chosen as the new location; the camp paid $350 for a 27.7 Acre portion of land. Because of a polio outbreak in 1952 summer camping was forbidden. It was seen as an ideal year to move the camp.
Redberry is going as strong as ever. In 2018 the camp saw over 850 campers throughout the summer, many of whom made decisions to follow Christ for the first time or re-committed their faith. God is working miracles every day at Redberry and we cannot wait to see what tomorrow holds.