2018 Leadership Development Program
Redberry is revamping our leadership development program to a whole new level! The purpose of the 'Foundation Program' is:
- To share Christ's transforming love with young people in order that they might know God, know what they believe and know why they believe it.
- To enable young people to have a better understanding of how camp works as an entire ministry.
- To enable young people to know what their God-given gifts are and how they can use them to build God's kingdom at/outside of camp, in the present and the future.
- To give opportunities for meaningful work and the ability to be a part of something that is bigger than the youth themselves.
- To allow for community and relationships to be developed, memories to be made and risks to be taken personally, spiritually and physically.
We know that each person has a different skills set and is passionate about different areas of camp. This is why we are offering different routes within the 'Foundation' program. We want your camp experience to be challenging, encouraging, and a time of growth. The Foundation program is for anyone ages 15 - 17 who would like to be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Cabin Leading
- Cooking/Kitchen Help
- Camp Maintenance
- Camp Program (program directing, activity planning, lifeguarding, video tech, etc.)
All participants will begin their training together and throughout the three week program, they will be split into their specific program groups to learn things that pertain directly to the program area that they are interested in.
Week 1 - This week will be a time of personal growth and Bible-based learning. All leadership development students will participate in activities and hear from guest speakers together. The group will serve together by doing various camp facility chores. Get ready to go deeper in your relationship with God, make new friends and make memories together.
Week 2 - Students will spend more time doing activities and sessions that pertain to the area of camp that they would like to be involved in. For example, youth who want to be Jr. Cabin leaders will do cabin leading sessions, youth interested in helping with Horsemanship will do sessions with the Wrangler, etc. There will still be large group sessions and activities this week pertaining to general camp ministry and personal growth.
Week 3 - Students will have opportunities to practice what they have learned and serve in the capacity that they have chosen while being mentored and supported by leaders and other Sr. Staff members.
We will be running two Foundation sessions throughout the summer:
- July 8-27, 2018
- July 29-August 17, 2018
Cost: $325 (taxes included)
- Once you have been accepted into the program, you can pay your fees via cheque (mail to our office) or credit card (call our office 306-477-4410).
Once youth have completed this program we would encourage them to come through the program again next year! We hope to have new information every year so that youth can continue to learn and serve together.
If a student decides that they would like to work at camp after completing the Foundation program they can apply to be on staff as a volunteer.